It’s easy to make a lot of half square triangles from two jelly roll strips. Jelly roll strips are 2-1/2″ wide strips of fabric that come in a coordinated roll of patterns and colors. Pick two strips from your roll that go well together and make these easy half square triangles. This is not my preferred method because the edges of the squares are on the bias and may stretch. Be careful when pressing and handling to not stretch your sides. This same method can be used with 2-1/2″ cut strips of fabrics from your stash.
Here are a few options for your new set of half square triangles!
Browse through more ways to make half square triangles on Create Whimsy.
- Half Square Triangles Two at a Time
- Half Square Triangles Four at a Time
- Half Square Triangles Eight at a Time
- Half Square Triangles from a Charm Pack
- Half Square Triangles from a Layer Cake