Is Valentine’s Day just for humans? I think not! Some of my favorite “people” are dogs – good friends and members of the family. Can’t leave them out, so here are a few DIY Valentine Gifts for Dogs, to include our furbabies in the Valentine festivities.
Most of these projects use small pieces of fabric – perfect stash-buster and scrap-buster projects for anyone that sews (and collects fabric!). Some are no-sew projects, all are beginner projects, easy for anyone with any sewing level can do to show your pooch how much you love and appreciate them with something special you made.
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day with a dog?
You can make your dog something special with one or more of our project ideas above, but more importantly, take time to celebrate the love they give you everyday, without judgement or talking back – with them! Here are some ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your pooch:
- Take them on a their favorite walk. Do they love to sniff? Find a great place with new smells, just for them!
- Do they love to chase the ball? Spend an extra five (or more!) minutes tossing the ball for them and rewarding them when they bring the ball back with a little extra love, and maybe a treat!
- Allow them to get on the couch or bed and make sure there is plenty of belly rub time!
- Give them a treat just because! Don’t make them do anything, just surprise and delight them with an extra one (or two!) to show your love.
- Plan your Valentine dinner at a restaurant patio where they allow dogs – let you dog be part of the festivities! If they aren’t the kind of dog that likes that, stay home on Valentine’s night, it’s crazy anyway and fix a lovely homemade meal.
Check out all of our DIY Valentine projects on Create Whimsy.
Enjoyed DIY Valentine Gifts for Dogs? Check out all of our pet projects!