Personalized journals make great gifts for people who love to jot down their thoughts and ideas. Learn how to decorate a notebook with fused fabric and purchased composition books. Mix up the fabrics, have some fun and make them yours! These are great gifts for just about everyone!
What are some other ideas to decorate a notebook?
You can use any type of notebook for decorating. Your preference is for spiral notebooks? Smaller or larger notebooks? Any size works with the same technique of fusing fabric to the cover.
- Use pieces of old embroidered linens to cover your notebook to make it special. Or maybe even cut up an unfinished piece of needlepoint that you discover at a thrift shop. This is the time to have some fun. Remember, nothing is precious. If you love it, use it!
- Can’t toss that last few inches of a special trim you used on special project? Find a way to incorporate it into your notebook cover.
- Did you or do you collect patches / badges? What a perfect way to highlight these special little pieces by putting them on display on the notebook you’ll use every day!
- Pull out some washi tape and make designs on the front cover. Or, colorful duct tape!
- Go through a favorite magazine and cut out some pictures that speak to you. Make a collage on the cover of a notebook and use modge podge to hold everything securely in place.
Who says notebooks have to be boring!