Learn how to make a fabric Easter basket using the fabric rope method. This is a perfect stash-buster project using strips of fabrics. Pick out the ugly prints with great colors and get busy tearing strips that are about 1-inch wide. I prefer between 1-inch and 1-1/2 inch strips for this project.
Have fun trying different fabric color combinations for your fabric Easter basket!
- Tear your fabric strips to give your Easter basket more texture
- Use this as a stash-busting project. The print on the fabric doesn’t matter. It doesn’t show once the rope is wrapped. What is important is the overall color(s) of your fabrics.
- Use the widest stitch width for your zig zag stitching to make it easier to catch the new fabric coiled rope with the base of the basket.
- If you see you missed a section, just go back and zig zag over that area. No one will ever notice that you double stitched a section. (Ask me how I know!)
- The handle doesn’t stand up on its own very well. If that is important to you, consider enclosing a light weight wire into the wire wrapped rope pieces for the handle.
Browse through more Easter projects on Create Whimsy. Check out our sister article on how to make fabric rope bowls.