Learn how to make a fabric Easter basket using the fabric rope method. This is a perfect stash-buster project using strips of fabrics. Pick out the ugly prints with great colors and get busy tearing strips that are about 1-inch wide. I prefer between 1-inch and 1-1/4 inch strips for this project.
Have fun trying different fabric color combinations for your fabric Easter basket!
- Tear your fabric strips to give your Easter basket more texture
- Use this as a stash-busting project. The print on the fabric doesn’t matter. It doesn’t show once the rope is wrapped. What is important is the overall color(s) of your fabrics.
- Use the widest stitch width for your zig zag stitching to make it easier to catch the new fabric coiled rope with the base of the basket.
- If you see you missed a section, just go back and zig zag over that area. No one will ever notice that you double stitched a section. (Ask me how I know!)
- The handle doesn’t stand up on its own very well. If that is important to you, consider enclosing a light weight wire into the wire wrapped rope pieces for the handle.